Victory Christian Tabernacle Church
Pastor & Evangelist (First Lady) "Adina"
As the results of being led by the Holy Spirit, Victory Christian Tabernacle, (VCT) a Michigan Ecclesiastical Christian Ministry was created in November 2010, by Rev. James A. May and his wife Adina. VCT is organized and maintained for the purpose of advancing and promoting the Kingdom of God and continuing the work of Jesus Christ in our community and throughout the world as proclaimed in the scriptures. We proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the beliefs of the Christian faith, to maintain the worship of God, and to inspire in all a love for Jesus Christ, a passion for righteousness, holiness, and create a consciousness in all of their obligations to God and their fellow human beings. VCT supports other Christians by providing worship service preaching, training in evangelism and defending the Christian faith. VCT also provides Chaplin services for nursing homes and care centers; assist new churches in kingdom building and provides other Christian services as needed. We pledge our lives to Christ Jesus our Lord and we covenant with other Christians to demonstrate His Spirit through worship, fellowship, witnessing, and Ministry to the needs of the people of this community and throughout the world.
What We Believe
Mission Statement and Beliefs
Our mission first and foremost is to serve God
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Victory Christian Tabernacle is organized and maintained for the purpose of advancing and promoting the Kingdom of God and continuing the work of Jesus Christ in our community and throughout the world as proclaimed in the scriptures.
We are a Christian Ecclesiastical Church Ministry.
Jesus makes it very clear in 1Peter 3:8-9; John 17:20-23; 1 Corinthians 1:10-13; Romans 15:7 that the testimony of His Lordship is visible to the World through our unity. For this reason, we choose not to be divided over Christian doctrines that do not pertain to salvation. However, we faithfully adhere to the teachings of the Word of God.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe that all 66 books of the Bible are the "only" inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. (II Timothy 3:16-17, I Peter 1:21, Matthew 3:15-17, II Corinthians 13-14)
2. We believe that God is the creator of all things, is all-powerful, all-knowing, and in control to do as He wills (1 Jn.5: 14-15; Jer. 32:17; Eph. 3:20; Psa.139:1-4; 1 Sam.2:6-9; Psa. 24:1).
3. We believe that Jesus was literally conceived and born of a virgin named Mary (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:26-33).
4. We believe that Jesus lived a sinless life (1 Pet. 2:22; 1 Jn. 3:5).
5. We believe that all of humanity has fallen short of God?s glory and is in need of salvation; hence the reason Jesus came to the earth. We believe in salvation through the redeeming blood of Christ by repentance to God. We are justified by our faith in Jesus Christ and our confession of His Lordship in our lives. We believe that such salvation is entirely apart from good works, baptism, church membership, or our effort and is of pure grace. (Hebrews 9:22, Romans 10:9-10, 13, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6).
6. We believe that those who die without salvation go to a literal place called Hell (Psa. 9:17; Psa.73:12-19; Matt. 25:46; Luke 16:23-26; Jn. 12:48; Rev. 20:14; Rev. 21:8).
7. We believe that salvation is in none other than through the name, person, work, and grace of Jesus Christ (Jn. 14:6; Jn. 3:16; Rom.5:8).
8. We believe that those who belong to Christ will inherit eternal life in a literal Kingdom of Heaven (John 14:2; 1 Kings 8:30; Philippians 3:20-21; Luke 23:43).
9. We believe that Jesus will return to gather His people, as well as the resurrection of the dead in Christ at His return (1 Cor. 15:21-23).
10. We believe in water baptism and the observance of the Lords Supper.
11. We believe that all believers are indwelled with the Holy Spirit - that is, the Holy Spirit moves into their hearts the moment they accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior (1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:13; John 3:5; Romans 8:9; 10:9; Acts 9:17-19;).
12. We believe there are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the Holy Spirit is the source of them all, and these gifts are distributed according to God's choosing, not our own and no one has them all. These spiritual gifts are for the edification of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 14:12; 12:29-31; Galatians 5:22-23). The greatest spiritual gift is "love," and it is a necessary proof and evidence of salvation (1 Corinthians 13:13; 13:2; 13:8; 1 John 4:8; John 15:9-17; John 13:35; Matthew 22:37-40; Galatians 5:22-23).
13. We believe that Christ is the Head of the church, which should be governed by Him (Eph.5:23).
14. We believe that all of Christ's ministers are servant-leaders, not dictators (Jn. 13:3-16; Ph.2:3-8).
Values of Our Ministry
The following values represent the essence and personality of Victory Christian Tabernacle. They are the standards by which our culture and unity are kept.
We value having God first in our lives. This means continuously seeking His righteousness and totally relying on Him.(Matthew 6:33)
We value Righteousness, as a core Christian value. When a Christian accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, he or she is now in right standing with God. They are a "new person." A Christian is now set-aside for God to be holy and righteous. Righteousness becomes more and more precious as a Christian grows in his or her love of God (Ephesians 4:24)
We value Love, as a core Christian value. Christian love is called "agape" love which means unmerited favor. Christians realize this type of love through God. Because of God's unmerited favor and grace, He offers all of mankind eternal life through Jesus Christ. This is true love that comes from God. Christians in turn value God's love and have a desire to provide this Godly love of unmerited favor to others. (Jude 21; John 13:34-35)
We value Family Values, as a core Christian value. The moral and ethical principles traditionally upheld and transmitted within a family, as honesty, loyalty, production, and faith. This includes marriage only between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:24; Proverbs 12:4; Proverbs 18:22; Proverbs 30:18-19; Ephesians 5:22-33; Deuteronomy 24:5; Matthew 19:4-6).
We value sharing the love of Jesus to all. Because all humans were created in the image of God, we believe in treating everyone with the love of Jesus, with respect, care and concern, regardless of race, sex, gender or ethnicity (Genesis 1:26-27; Luke 6:27-36; Matthew 5:43-48; 1 John 4:20).
We value the advancement of the Gospel of Christ for the establishment of salvation, forgiveness, and the perpetuation of Christianity (Mat. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8).
We value Leadership that duplicates our Lords servant heart (Mat. 20:27; John 13:14
We value the independence of ministers so that they may follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in the direction and government of their ministries (Act. 8:29; 10:19; 11:12; 13:2-4; 16:6-7; 20:22, 21:4).
We value Gods calling of both men and women to ordained ministry (Mat. 28:18-20; Acts 2:17; Gal. 3:28).
We value Fellowship Among Christians for the sake of strength, encouragement, edification, prayer, and support (Rom.14:19; 1 Thes. 5:11; Eph. 2:21-22; Php. 4:8).
We value Forgiveness. If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Matthew 6:14-15; Matthew 18:21-35 ) God is merciful and forgives our sins and failings. In the same way, we must be merciful and forgive other people who sin against us or do us harm.
THESE ARE OUR CORE VALUES OF VICTORY CHRISTIAN TABERNACLE